“If you apply yourself to your studies and treat people the way you want to be treated, anything is possible.”
On Nov. 6, 2018, Anton Andrew fell just 695 votes short of flipping a seat in the Pennsylvania state house held by a 20-year incumbent.
Anton heard the above refrain repeated throughout his childhood and saw first hand through his immigrant parents how resilience, a belief America’s promise, and good fortune could help achieve the American Dream. He felt a huge calling to serve others and over two decades Anton Andrew has successfully fought for poor and working families, as a lawyer, executive, educator and community activist.
Anton pledged to make sure all of the residents of his district have a voice at the table in Harrisburg and to work to:
- Invest in education and stop skyrocketing property taxes
- Prioritize protecting the environment
- Use a balanced public-health centered approach to address the opioid crisis
- Invest in infrastructure to create jobs and grow the economy
- Pass common sense gun control regulations
- Provide women women with access to quality healthcare, protect their right to choose and close gender-pay gap
In the Pennsylvania state legislature, Republicans hold a drastically unfair advantage. It’s critical for Democrats to win seats to make blue inroads in this presidential battleground state. We need to win seats back in both chambers of the state legislature to lay the foundation for flipping the state blue.